Hello!Welcome to Ormerland, a website dedicated to showcasing the very best creative work from the Channel Islands.
Ormerland.com is a Channel Islands based website that showcases the broad array of creative people and their work. From painters to photographers, poets to architects, everything creative goes! Submit your own work or just browse and share your favourite finds.
The original concept was drawn up in January 2006 and since then the site has changed and moulded several times over the years as new social developments fully emerged online.
The name of the site comes from the seasonal delicacy, unique to the Channel Islands and as the site was to be dedicated to showcasing creative people from that region, the Ormer fitted the scene perfectly.
Ormerland.com produces articles, promotes and shares the tips and tricks creatives use to produce their work.
Our website is split up into the following sections:
- RADAR: The latest news, upcoming events and exhibitions.
- SHOWCASE: Artist profiles and creative finds.
- FILM: An ever-growing selection of local creative videos for inspiration and education.
- SHOP: A selection of artwork available to buy from artists across the Channel Islands.
- GUERNSEY or JERSEY: This section allows you to browse article by Island.
If you are an artist, or an aspiring artist, get in touch and we will do our best to promote your work.
Got a flare for writing? We are always look for contributors, if you think you could help us write some articles from your area then please drop us a line today.
We hope you enjoy the site as much as we do. Don’t forget to subscribe to ormerland to ensure you keep up to date with the latest articles and local events.
All the best,